Tom Yum Gai is Traditionally cooked using Chickenboiled in a hot and sour soup flavoured by lemon grass, chillies, galangal, lime juice or tamarind juice and kaffir lime leaves.
- 500g boneless chicken breast, sliced
- 150g button, straw or oyster mushrooms
- 12 pcs baby corn, sliced into two pieces lengthwise
- 1 large carrots, sliced
- 4 red tomatoes, quartered
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 stalk lemon grass, sliced into 1 cm pieces
- juice from 4–6 limes (add more if you want it sour)
- 6 kaffir lime leaves
- fish sauce (quantity according to your liking)
- red chillies, chopped (amount depends on how hot you want it)
- 1/2 thumb sized galangal, sliced thinly
- Place the chicken stock in a pot, add lemon grass, galangal and kaffir lime leaves, and bring to boil over medium heat.
- Add the chicken meat, baby corn, mushrooms, fish sauce, tomatoes, lime juice bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes
- Add sugar, chillies, carrots and fish sauce and simmer for additional 5 minutes.
- Serve while hot.