Sampalok candy is a simple concoction of Tamarind and Sugar rolled into balls, popular candy in the Philippines and Thailand.
- 1 cup tamarind pulp
- 400g sweet potato, boiled
- 2 cups sugar + some for coating
- 2 cups water
- chilli flakes (optional, for Thai version)
- Mix all ingredients together in a sauce pan except the salt, place over medium heat and cook until mixture becomes thick and can hold its shape when formed into balls.
- Cool down the mixture.
- Add sugar and a bit of salt in a wide plate.
- Form mixture into small balls and roll it into the sugar salt mixture.