- 1 tbsp dried meringue powder (egg white powder)
- 2 tbsp water
- Small paintbrush
- Edible Pansies
- Optional: Coarse Sprinkling Sugar
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Blend together the powder and water to make an egg wash. Brush the entire cookie top with the egg wash. Snip of the firm stem end of the cookie. Press the remaining petals of the flower onto the cookie, centering it. Brush more egg wash over top and press, gently smoothing the petals with your fingertips. Sprinkle with granulated sugar. Add a pinch of coarse Sprinkling Sugar if desired.
- Bake for 1-3 minutes, watching carefully that the flowers do not over bake or dry out. Remove and smooth out any petals that have lifted, place on a wire rack and let cool completely.
- Store in a single row in an air tight container.