This Spanish Chicken with Chorizo and Garlic is one perfect dinner specially when matched with sour dough bread to scrape all that flavourful sauce.
- 6 pcs chicken thighs, bones and skin on
- 200 g chorizo, sliced
- 2 large cans (390g each) butter beans, drained
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 medium leeks, sliced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- pinch of saffron
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 whole garlic, minced
- 4 sprigs thyme plus some for garnishing
- freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil
- In a large skillet add oil then brown chicken thighs on both sides. Once browned remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add chorizo and cook while stirring for 2 minutes, remove from skillet then set aside.
- Add the onions, garlic and leeks then sauté on the leftover oil on the pan.
- Add the paprika, saffron, thyme, wine, chicken stock, cayenne, chicken and chorizo. Bring to a boil then simmer covered in low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add the butter beans then simmer for additional 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper then serve.