Today’s post is another leftover dish which I will be calling Crispy Pork Cheeks and Bacon Fried Rice, it is a type of fried rice with crispy pork cheeks, bacon, corn, eggs and spring onions.
- 4 cups cold leftover rice
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 2 cups pork cheeks, sliced
- 4 pcs rasher bacon, chopped
- 3 stalks spring onions, chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cloves garlic
- Maggi Savor Liquid Seasoning
- Mang Tomas Sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- Season pork cheeks with salt and pepper, set them aside for at least 15 minutes.
- In a wok add oil and stir fry pork cheeks in medium heat until it becomes really crispy. Remove from wok and set them aside.
- Add bacon in the wok and stir fry until crispy.
- Add garlic and sauté until it turns golden brown.
- Scoop out some of the oil and only leave enough for the fried rice. Add rice and corn, bring heat to high and continue to stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Push the rice on the sides of the wok to make a well in the middle then pour the eggs, cook eggs until nearly dry then quickly mix it with the rice mixture.
- Add the spring onions and crispy pork cheeks, stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Season with Maggi Savor Liquid Seasoning and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve with Mang Tomas sauce.