Today’s post is another leftover dish which I will be calling Crispy Pork Cheeks and Bacon Fried Rice, it is a type of fried rice with crispy pork cheeks, bacon, corn, eggs and spring onions.
- 4 cups cold leftover rice
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 2 cups pork cheeks, sliced
- 4 pcs rasher bacon, chopped
- 3 stalks spring onions, chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cloves garlic
- Maggi Savor Liquid Seasoning
- Mang Tomas Sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- Season pork cheeks with salt and pepper, set them aside for at least 15 minutes.
- In a wok add oil and stir fry pork cheeks in medium heat until it becomes really crispy. Remove from wok and set them aside.
- Add bacon in the wok and stir fry until crispy.
- Add garlic and sauté until it turns golden brown.
- Scoop out some of the oil and only leave enough for the fried rice. Add rice and corn, bring heat to high and continue to stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Push the rice on the sides of the wok to make a well in the middle then pour the eggs, cook eggs until nearly dry then quickly mix it with the rice mixture.
- Add the spring onions and crispy pork cheeks, stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Season with Maggi Savor Liquid Seasoning and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve with Mang Tomas sauce.
I just drooled on my keyboard
Leftovers always make such fabulous meals. I love your idea here.
You had me at “crispy pork cheeks!”
Crispy pork cheeks? Yep, I’m in! Sounds wonderful.
The pork and bacon sound like they would make this a phenomenal dish!
This looks wonderful! We can easily get Maggi seasoning, but I’m not sure about Maggi Savor – I’ll have to check that out. Good stuff – thanks.
Oh my goodness, that rice looks absolutely amazing. I love it
So now I’m wondering… where does one get pork cheeks from? Just a regular butcher? I don’t think I ever saw them before, but damn the name reminds me of pork scratchings. Are they anything like pork scratchings I have to find them!
Yup your local butcher will have it 🙂
Its gaining popularity nowadays
Oohh… that looks so delish Raymund! YUM!
Simple and delicious fried rice!
Yes! This fried rice sounds awesome!
Seriously, your fried rice looks delicious, and it’s with pork cheeks and bacon!! I’m drooling here. 😉
Makeover a leftover into a new whole dish is always challeging threat for me,
btw, since u were living in New Zealand, can you access abalone and truffle there??
What a delicious transformation! Love crispy pork cheeks!
This is definitely one of my favourite comfort foods to cook at home, especially with the added bacon!
You had me at crispy pork…