Poo Cha (Malaysian Style Stuffed Crabs) is a stuffed crab dish made out of crab, pork, prawns, eggs and other herbs and spices cooked twice, first by steaming then by shallow frying,
- 8 paddle crab shells
- 300g minced pork
- 150g crab meat
- 75g minced shrimps
- 3 pcs eggs
- 2 pcs shallots, minced
- 1 tbps chopped coriander
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- fish sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl mix all of the ingredients except for 2 eggs.
- Place mixed filling into the crab shells then smoothen the exposed mixture surface.
- Place in steamer and steam crabs for 15 minutes. Remove from steamer then let it cool down.
- Lightly beat remaining 2 eggs then set them aside.
- Prepare a wok will enough oil for shallow frying. Once oil is hot, lower heat to medium, dip each stuffed crab shell into the egg mixture and fry them. Cook mixture side down first for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown then turn on the other side and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from wok then serve with hot.