Guinataang Alimango at Langka is a dish made out of crabs and young jackfruit cooked in coconut milk, it works well with freshly cooked jasmine rice and eating it the Filipino way only by hands.
- 12–15 pcs medium sized paddle crabs
- 2 500g can young jackfruit, sliced
- 8 pcs green chillies
- 800 ml coconut milk
- 200 ml coconut cream
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ thumb size ginger, sliced
- fish sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a wok add oil then sauté garlic, onions and ginger.
- Add coconut milk, chillies and paddle crabs, bring to a boil then simmer in medium heat for 8 minutes.
- Remove the crabs, set it aside and add the jackfruit. Continue to simmer in high heat uncovered for 15 minutes or until coconut milk dries up and becomes oily.
- Add the remaining coconut cream and the crabs, simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Season with fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper, serve.