Creamy Tomato Mushroom Spaghetti is another type of Filipino style spaghetti, with slight hint of sweetness but what it’s known for is the use of cream of mushrooms yielding a creamy, sweet, savoury and earthy spaghetti.
- 500g spaghetti noodles, cooked according to packet instructions
- 400g minced beef
- 200g button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 410g tomato puree
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 420g cream of mushroom
- 2 tbsp liver spread or spicy liver pate
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried whole basil
- grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp sugar (adjust to your liking)
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a large pan add oil then sauté garlic and onions. Cook until onions are soft.
- Add the minced beef and cook until beef turns light brown in colour.
- Add beef stock bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add tomato puree, tomato paste, cream of mushroom and basil. Bring to boil then simmer for 15 minutes in low heat.
- Add mushrooms and liver spread, cook for 5 minutes. Add more beef stock if sauce becomes too thick.
- Season with salt, freshly ground black pepper and sugar.
- Place pasta in a plate then pour sauce on top, sprinkle some parmesan cheese on top before serving.