This Sweet and Spicy Fish Balls is inspired from that street food but I added some twist and served it with additional ingredients like pineapples and capsicum.
- 500g assorted fish cakes and fish balls
- 1 small can pineapple chunks in syrup, reserve liquid
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 1/2 cup sweet chilli sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, sliced
- In a pan add oil then sauté garlic, ginger and onion.
- Add fishballs and stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Pour in the sweet chilli sauce, 1/2 cup water, reserved liquid from pineapple chunks and pineapples. Bring to a boil then simmer for 5 minutes in low heat.
- Add the cayenne and capsicum then simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Mix the cornstarch with 1/4 cup water and pour into the pan, simmer until sauce becomes thick.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper then serve.