Pâtés are not exclusive to the French or Belgian cuisine, we also have them in the Philippines in form of Reno a very popular Filipino Style Liver Spread brand.
- 250g liver, cubed
- 100g bacon, chopped
- 1 cup + 3 tbsp fresh milk, full fat
- 50g butter
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bird’s eye chilli
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl combine liver and milk. Cover and refrigerate for at least a day. When ready for cooking drain liver and pat them dry.
- In a pan add a small amount of oil then fry chopped bacon until crispy. Remove bacon then set aside.
- Using the same pan and oil from the bacon, fry liver. Cook well and brown on all sides.
- Remove liver from pan then put the garlic and shallots. Cook for 2 minutes in low heat.
- Turn heat off then add butter and liver, then leave until it cools down.
- Pour everything in the pan in a food processor together with the bacon and all of the rendered oil, melted butter and toasted bits off the bottom of the pan. Add chilli, salt and lots of freshly ground black pepper I added around 1 tablespoons.
- Process until it becomes a paste but still gritty, add a tablespoon of milk at a time until desired consistency is achieved (you might not need all or you might need more).