Peach, Bacon and Ricotta Crostini
Crostini is an Italian appetizer made out of small slices of grilled or toasted bread topped with an array of choices such as cheeses, meats, fruits, vegetables and herbs. Today we will be making some ciabatta based crostini topped with ricotta, peach and bacon, an excellent combination of contrasting flavours which enhances every element on this humble grilled bread. Usually you can serve this as an appetizer or as a side with pasta.
- 12 slices ciabatta
- 12 slices bacon
- 12 tbsp fresh ricotta
- 1 can peach slices
- freshly ground black pepper
- sea salt
- olive oil
- Fry or fan bake bacon until crispy, once cooked set it aside.
- Brush olive oil on ciabatta then grill in low heat.
- Spoon 1 tbsp ricotta in each ciabatta then sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper.
- Place bacon on top of ricotta.
- Place 2-3 slices of peaches on top.
- Sprinkle sea salt on top then serve.