I guess there are a lot of variations of this Fishball Noodle Soup but it all boils down to two main ingredients, fishballs and noodles. I always saw this before in restaurants but never ordered them, I always had the perception of it tasting really light so I never cook them at home as well.
- 250g fresh yellow noodles
- 300g assorted fish cakes and fish balls
- chopped spring onions
- crispy fried garlic
- fish sauce
- 6 to 8 cups of soup base (see below)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups shrimp stock
- 6 tbsp crispy fried onions
- 3 stalks spring onions, chopped
- ground white pepper
- Cook fresh noodles according to packet instructions.
- Pour soup base in a pot, add the assorted fish balls and fish cakes then bring it to a boil. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Place noodles in a soup bowl garnished with chopped spring onions and crispy fried garlic
- Season soup with fish sauce then pour on top of soup bowl with noodles.
- In a pot add all wonton soup base ingredients together and bring it to a boil.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Using a muslin cloth drain soup into a separate container.
You can use ready-made wonton soup base mix if you want it easier (this is what my friend used), but if you want to be free in defining the taste of your soup base you can follow or even adjust the recipe below.