Apple, Walnut and Sultana Logs
When you cook or even bake a lot sometimes you would have accumulated a lot of excess ingredients and sometimes you are wondering what you would do with all this unused or leftover items. For me I treat it is as a time to get creative otherwise these ingredients will be all wasted, so for today we will be doing some freestyle made out of all leftover ingredients and readily available in my pantry. I will call this dish the Apple, Walnut and Sultana Logs which is inspired by the savoury sausage rolls.
- 2 pcs puff pastry sheets
- 2-3 pcs apples, sliced into small pieces
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- ¼ cup sultanas
- pinch of salt, beaten
- chocolate syrup
- In a bowl mix together apples, walnuts, honey, cinnamon, sultanas and salt
- Place puff pastry in a clean flat surface, place half the mixture of the apples in top then roll and seal edges. Do it with the remaining ingredients.
- Carefully slice and divide prepared pastry into three pieces, place them in a baking tray.
- Brush top with beaten egg and bake in a 180C preheated oven for 20 minutes or until top turns golden brown.
- Remove from oven then let it cool. Drizzle chocolate syrup on top then serve.