If you are a seafood lover then you should make this Mixed Seafood in Oyster Sauce, it’s very tasty specially when clams are used, the seafood alone packs a lot of flavour adding oyster sauce to the formula makes it stand out even more.
- 300g fish fillet, sliced into bite sized pieces preferably white flesh fish
- 300g prawns, shelled and deveined
- 12 pcs mussels
- 2 pcs squid, sliced
- 1 cup surimi
- 4 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 thumb sized ginger, sliced into strips
- 6 cloves garlic
- 4 stalks spring onions, sliced separate white and green parts
- 1/4 cup Chinese cooking wine
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- freshly ground black pepper
- Place 2 cups water in a pot then bring it to a boil, once boiling drop mussels and cook until shells open. Remove mussels from pot then set aside.
- Using the same pot, continue to boil water then add the fish, cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove fish from pot then set aside.
- In a wok add oil then bring heat to high. Once oil is near its smoking point add squid and prawns, flash fry in high heat for 2 minutes. Remove from wok then set aside.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of liquid from the boiled seafood then mix this together with oyster sauce and brown sugar. Set aside.
- Using the same wok sauté garlic, ginger and white part of spring onions.
- Add the Chinese cooking wine, cayenne pepper and then the diluted oyster sauce. Bring it to a boil then add the surimi, cook for 1 minute.
- Add back the cooked seafood, then cook while gently folding for 2 minutes.
- Add the green part of spring onions then season with salt (if needed) and freshly ground black pepper. Serve.