This Braised Beef and Tendon is packed with tons flavours, its sweet savoury and meaty. The texture is quite different as well due to the amount of collagen from the tendons.
- 500g beef tendons, cubed
- 500g beef brisket, cubed
- 5 cups beef stock
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 pc star anise
- 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
- 3 stalks spring onions, chopped
- 6 slices of ginger
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 small shallots, chopped
- fish sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- peanut oil
- In a really hot wok add peanut oil then brown beef brisket and tendons. Remove the beef brisket then set aside.
- Add garlic and shallots, stir fry for a minute.
- Add all remaining ingredients except for the spring onions bring to a boil, cover then simmer for 1 1/2 hrs. in low heat. Add water if necessary.
- Add brisket back, cover then simmer for additional 1 hr.
- At this stage the liquid should be thick in consistency if not simmer in high heat until liquid is reduced.
- Serve topped with chopped spring onions.