Thai Green Chicken Curry is a type of an Asian curry made out of chicken, vegetables, coconut milk and green curry paste. Its main characteristic is it’s colour which is uncommon for curries which we usually associate with red or orange colours, the green tint is coming from a blended herbs and spices which includes green chillies, lemongrass, garlic, galangal, shrimp paste, kaffir lime peel, coriander, cumin, turmeric and pepper.
- 700g boneless chicken breast or thighs, sliced into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups button mushrooms
- 3 tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 3 pcs kaffir lime leaves
- fish sauce
- juice from 1 lime
- 1 tbsp brown sugar or any sweetener of your choice
- coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- spring onions, sliced
- 2 pcs shallots, finely chopped
- In a wok heat up oil then add the green curry paste and shallots, sauté until fragrant.
- Add chicken and cook for 3 minutes while continuously stirring.
- Add the coconut milk and bring to a boil, simmer in medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the button mushrooms and kaffir lime leaves then simmer in medium heat for additional 5 minutes.
- Add coconut cream bring it to a boil, once boiling turn heat to low and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Add sugar and lime juice then season with fish sauce.
- Serve in a deep bowl garnished with coriander and spring onions.