Broccoli with Garlic Sauce
Want an easy and simple way of cooking your broccoli? I guess there is nothing as simple yet flavourful way of cooking it than this Chinese dish, broccoli in garlic infused sauce. It may not look as fancy as other Chinese dishes but this packs a lot of flavour and goodness, all you need is rice.
- 1 head broccoli, separated into florets
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- sesame oil
- Place wok in high heat then add salt and enough water for cooking broccoli. Once boiling drop broccoli florets and cook for 1 minute. Remove from wok then rinse with running cold water, drain.
- Using the same wok, add oil then sauté garlic.
- Add chicken stock.
- Mix together cornstarch and water then pour into the wok.
- Once sauce is thick in consistency add the broccoli in then turn heat off.
- Drizzle sesame oil on top then season with salt. Serve.