This Chorizo, Chiken and Shiitake Carbonara is easy to make, concept is similar to the usual carbonara but this is infused with chorizos and a more flavourful mushroom
- 300g Fettuccini or Spaghetti noodles, cooked according to packet instructions
- 3 pcs Spanish chorizo, sliced
- 6–8 pcs dried shiitake mushrooms, rehydrated and sliced
- 1 cup finely diced chicken
- 1 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 eggs, beaten
- grated parmesan
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- Sauté garlic and onions and cook until onions are soft.
- Add chicken and chorizo then cook for 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms then cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn heat on high then add cooked pasta, cream and water then bring it to a boil and simmer in high heat for 1 minute. Mix well to distribute sauce evenly.
- Turn off heat then add beaten eggs, lots of grated parmesan and lots of freshly ground black pepper. Mix well and let the residual heat cook the beaten eggs.
- Serve immediately and top with grated parmesan cheese.