Chorizo, Chiken and Shiitake Carbonara
Pasta is the Italian counterpart of what rice is in Asian cuisine it’s so versatile you can just throw any ingredients to it and create a wonderful complete dish; this post is one example of it. I made this pasta one lazy day where all I want to do is lie around the couch and watch TV and surf the net, I was too relaxed that day and forgot that it is already lunch time and I have to cook something really quick, so I hurried up and look what our pantry have to offer. Usually what I do when I am in a hurry to cook something it will either fried rice, mixed vegetables or some pasta. I did the latter and here is the result, a pasta that combines the East and West.
- 300g Fettuccini or Spaghetti noodles, cooked according to packet instructions
- 3 pcs Spanish chorizo, sliced
- 6-8 pcs dried shiitake mushrooms, rehydrated and sliced
- 1 cup finely diced chicken
- 1½ cup cream
- ½ cup water
- 3 eggs, beaten
- grated parmesan
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- Sauté garlic and onions and cook until onions are soft.
- Add chicken and chorizo then cook for 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms then cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn heat on high then add cooked pasta, cream and water then bring it to a boil and simmer in high heat for 1 minute. Mix well to distribute sauce evenly.
- Turn off heat then add beaten eggs, lots of grated parmesan and lots of freshly ground black pepper. Mix well and let the residual heat cook the beaten eggs.
- Serve immediately and top with grated parmesan cheese.