Cabbage and Cannellini Bean Stew is a dish I learned from my wife, its a dish made out of cabbage, cannellini beans and pork. I was asking her where did she got the recipe and from which province did it originated in the Philippines.
- 1/4 head purple cabbage, roughly chopped
- 1 large can cannellini beans
- 300g Pork belly, cubed
- 1 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 small shallots, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp Bagoong Monamon or Anchovy Paste
- fish sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a wok add oil then brown evenly brown pork pieces, once done remove from wok then set aside.
- Add garlic and shallots then saute until shallots turn translucent. Add tomatoes the cook until soft.
- Add cabbage and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add beans, chicken stock, bagoong and fish sauce (according to your liking, some bagoong brands is very salty), bring ot a boil then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper.