Watermelon and Haloumi Salad is a great summer salad where sweet and refreshing watermelon is mixed perfectly with a salty gooey grilled haloumi cheese dressed with olive oil and basil.
- 1/2 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 200g Haloumi cheese, sliced
- 1/2 small watermelon, sliced into triangles
- roughly chopped fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- Brush grill with oil then grill haloumi and tomatoes until charring occurs. Remove from grill and set aside.
- Arrange watermelon, grilled haloumi, grilled tomatoes and chopped basil in a dish.
- Mix together olive oil and garlic then drizzle over salad. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.