Grilled Eggplants in Garlic Oyster Sauce
When I first saw this Asian eggplant with garlic oyster Sauce at Bams Kitchen I told myself I got to do that one as I am a big fan of vegetables dressed with oyster sauce. It’s simple, quick to make and most importantly yummy. I made some minor changes like grilling the eggplants for that smoky flavour and here is my version, thanks Bam!
- 2 pcs eggplant (Asian eggplant preferably, I used the non-Asian ones in this post)
- peanut oil
- ¼ cup oyster sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp fried garlic + some for garnishing
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- Slice the eggplants into one inch slices.
- Brush surface of eggplants with some peanut oil then grill in low heat until it’s cooked.
- Mix together oyster sauce, water, sesame oil, fried garlic and brown sugar bring to a boil then simmer until sauce thickens.
- Place eggplants in a serving plate then pour sauce on top. Garnish with fried garlic then serve.