For this post we will be doing a lesser known tinola variation which is Fish Tinola, a very delicate dish by nature but rich flavours can be obtained by using whole fish with heads and bones.
- 600g fleshy white fish fillets, sliced (i.e. grouper, snapper)
- bunch of green leafy vegetables (i.e. bok choy, shanghai)
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups dashi stock or seafood stock
- 1/2 thumb sized ginger, thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 3 green finger chillies
- 1 onion, sliced
- fish sauce or sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a pot combine together water, dashi stock, tomatoes, ginger, finger chillies and onion. Bring to a boil.
- Add fish and cook for 5-10 minutes depending on the thickness of fish.
- Add green vegetables and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Season with fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper then serve.