If you love hot and sour soups, seafood and chillies then this Tom Yum Goong is for you, it contains loads of prawns, vegetables and flavours in one bowl.
- 500g prawns (shelled or not, your preference)
- 150g button, straw or oyster mushrooms
- 12 pcs baby corn, sliced
- 1 large carrots, sliced
- 4–6 red tomatoes, quartered
- 2 stalks lemon grass, sliced into 1 cm pieces
- juice from 4 limes
- 6 kaffir lime leaves
- red chillies, chopped (amount depends on how hot you want it)
- 1 small galangal
- 6–8 cups water
- fish sauce (quantity according to your liking)
- Place the water in a pot, add lemon grass, galangal, fish sauce, tomatoes and kaffir lime leaves then bring to boil over medium heat.
- Add baby corn, mushrooms, carrots and lime juice then bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes
- Add prawns, sugar, chillies, and fish sauce then simmer for additional 5 minutes.
- Serve while hot.