Loaded with berries like blueberries, raspberries and strawberries this Mixed Berries Ice Cream is one perfect summer treat and its “berry berry” delicious.
- 2 1/2 cups cream
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cups sugar
- 4 eggs yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- juice from 1 1emon
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- In a sauce pan combine cream, milk and sugar. Heat slowly while continuously mixing until it reaches nearly boiling point (do not boil) and sugar is completely dissolved
- Place egg yolks in a mixing bowl then slowly pour around a cup of the heated cream mixture while whisking.
- Pour egg mixture to the sauce pan then continue to heat while continuously mixing. Dip a tablespoon and see if liquid sticks to the back side, if it does then you can now turn the heat off.
- Place in a heat proof container, let it cool down then place in the fridge for at least four hours.
- In a small saucepan combine together blueberries, 2 tbsp brown sugar, juice from 1/2 lemon and 1/2 tsp cornstarch, cook in low heat while crushing berries. Once all berries are mashed and thick remove from heat then set it aside to cool down.
- In another small saucepan combine together raspberries and strawberries, 2 tbsp brown sugar, juice from 1/2 lemon and 1/2 tsp cornstarch, cook in low heat while crushing berries. Once all berries are mashed and thick remove from heat then set it aside to cool down.
- Prepare your ice cream maker and pour the cream mixture, churn according to ice cream manufacturer’s instruction. Mine took 30-35 minutes.
- You can now lightly fold in the two different berry mixture then freeze for at least 6 hours.