Bibingka is made out of rice flour and coconut milk cooked in a clay pot lined with banana leaf over a charcoal heat placed on the bottom and on the top.
- 2 cups rice flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 eggs
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup oil
- banana leaf
- In a mixing bowl combine and mix all batter ingredients until mixture becomes smooth.
- Prepare some moulds lined with banana leaf.
- Pour in batter into your moulds up to 3/4 full. Add 4 to 6 slices of salted duck eggs on top
- Bake in a 190C preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Place back into the oven, set into grill mode, cover top with banana leaf to prevent it from burning then cook for 15 more minutes or until cooked (top should be a bit brown, like the photo above).
- Remove from oven then brush with margarine and top with grated cheese and serve with grated coconut.