This Calebrese Pasta is so simple as it only contains tomatoes, onions, capsicums and few slices of salami but it is full of flavour
- 250 g pasta of choice, cooked according to packet instructions
- 100 g Salami, thinly sliced
- 2 large cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup chopped basil
- 1/3 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1/2 green capsicum, thinly sliced
- 6 pcs kalamata olives, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp sugar
- olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- Add olive oil in a large saucepan and cook salami for 2 minutes. Remove salami and set aside.
- Add garlic and onions then sauté until onions are soft.
- Add the red and green capsicum and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and cook for a minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and simmer in low heat for 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Add the cooked salami, basil and parsley then cook for 2 minutes.
- Season with sugar, salt and pepper. Adjust taste to your liking.
- Add the cooked pasta and olives then mix to distribute sauce evenly, serve.