Pancit Luglug the very saucy version of the Pancit Palabok and Pancit Malabon, similar to both this is also a noodle dish served with an array of seafood garnish, spring onions, hard boiled eggs in thick rice noodles.
- 500g thick rice noodles
- 150g crab meat
- 150g crab fat
- 1/2 cup Smoked fish, flaked
- 3 tbsp annatto powder
- fish sauce
- 4 tbsp cornstarch
- 4–5 cups of water
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red onion, minced
- Shrimps, with skin on
- Squid, sliced into rings
- Mussels, with shell on
- Pork crackling (chicharon), crushed
- Spring onions, chopped
- Hard boiled eggs, sliced
- Fried garlic
- Lemon, sliced
- On a pot boil water and place rice noodles and cook according to packet instructions.
- Once noodle is cooked, drain and then set aside.
- Boil shrimps, mussels and squid in the 2 cups of water for sauce. Once cooked drain keeping the liquid, set the seafood aside.
- Shell the shrimps and reserve it. Pound the shells with a mortar and pestle to extract the juice, place pounded shells and its liquid in a muslin cloth or fine sieve over a container. Run the water used for boiling on the pounded shells and drain it in a container. Set the liquid aside.
- Shell the mussels and set it aside.
- On a blender mix crab meat, crab fat, water used for boiling, annatto powder and fish sauce, blend in low speed for a minute. Remove from blender then set aside.
- On a pan, add oil and sauté garlic and onion.
- Add the blended crab meat mixture and flaked smoked fish.
- On a separate container mix cornstarch with a small amount of water, dilute it until it’s free of lumps then add it to the pan.
- Bring sauce to a boil and simmer until sauce thickens, add water if sauce becomes too thick. Turn off the heat.
- Place a good amount of sauce in a deep bowl, place noodles on top then garnish with cooked seafood, Pork crackling, Spring onions, eggs and fried garlic.
- Squeeze lemon to top.
If you don’t want to make your own sauce there are available ready mix sauces from Mama Sitas, disregard steps 3 to 6
Adjust amount of toppings to your hearts desire