This Apricot Chicken is one of those recipes you see in supermarkets, I always grab one of those on my way out as I am adventurous towards food and want to try something new always. It was so interesting so I gave it a shot with some revisions.
- 800 g chicken legs
- 2 1/2 cups French onion soup, (without the croutons and cheese)
- 1 large can apricots (around 470g, reserve liquid)
- 1 large white onion, minced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp rubbed thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp flour
- In a pot heat oil then sauté garlic and onion.
- Add chicken and brown it on all sides.
- In a blender add the flour and French onion soup, pulse until texture comes out smooth. Pour mixture in the pot.
- Add the thyme, rosemary, parsley and reserved apricot juice.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Add the apricots then simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Season with pepper and salt.