Usually when I make Stir Fried Seafood and Vegetables I do not include vegetables like bok choy or shanghai until recently when I saw it in a dish we ordered in a Chinese restaurant near our place.
- 3 pcs squid, sliced
- 8 pcs fish balls, sliced in half
- 12–15 pcs shelled prawns
- 3 heads Shanghai
- 150 g snow peas
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 cup straw mushrooms
- 1 cup seafood stock
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- peanut oil
- fish sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- Place water in a pot then bring it to a boil, blanch Shanghai and snow peas then drain and rinse with running cold water, set vegetables aside.
- Add oil to wok then quickly cook squid and prawns in really high heat. Remove seafood from wok then set it aside.
- Still in high heat add ginger and shallots then stir fry until fragrant.
- Add fish balls and stir fry for a minute.
- Add carrots and straw mushrooms then stir fry for a minute.
- Dissolve cornstarch on seafood stock then set aside.
- Add cooked vegetables to the wok give it a quick stir then add the seafood stock mixture, bring to a boil.
- Add the cooked seafood then season with fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper, stir to distribute sauce evenly.
- Drizzle sesame oil on top then turn heat off, serve.