This Chermoula Grilled Chicken served on Pita Bread is a North African inspired chicken marinated in herbs like parsley and coriander combined with spices such as cumin, smoked paprika and turmeric.
Chermoula Grilled Chicken
- 1 whole medium sized chicken, cut in half
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon Juice
- 1 whole garlic
- 2 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Iceberg Lettuce, chopped
- Radish, thinly sliced
- Carrots, grated
- Onion, thinly sliced
- Baba Ghanoush
- Lemon Juice
- Pita Bread
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Garlic, minced
- Place ingredients (excluding chicken) in a blender and puree until it becomes smooth.
- Spread mixture all over the chicken and let it marinate for at least 12 hrs.
- Grill chicken in high heat until cooked you can also roast the chicken by placing it in a 230C preheated oven for 15 minutes then lowering the heat for 190C and continue to roast for 40-50 more minutes.
- While chicken is cooking mix olive oil and minced garlic and brush it on the pita bread. Warm then on the grill or in pan.
- Place chicken on a big serving plate together with salad filling ingredients drizzled with lemon juice and pita bread.
- Eat it by putting some baba ghanoush in the pita bread, sliced chicken and salad.