Tzatziki or tzadziki is a type of Greek and Turkish meze or appetizer usually used for souvlaki and gyros; it can also be used as a dip for breads, potato chips and pita. This dish is made out of strained yoghurt mixed with grated cucumber, garlic, salt, olive oil, mint and lemon juice.
- 2 cups Greek Style yogurt
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 mint leaves, finely chopped
- Roughly chop cucumbers then put in a mixing bowl together with 2 tsp of salt. Set aside for 30 minutes then squeeze cucumbers to drain any liquid out of it.
- Place cucumber and other ingredients in a blender or food processor and quickly blend all the ingredients together.
- Chill then serve.