With this Devilled Chicken and Mangoes we will not be using leftover chickens but fresh ones, we will not be using chutney either but we will be using fresh mangoes which would complement the hot and spicy flavour of cayenne and mustard. It is colourful, vibrant and a really easy but flavourful dish to make, ingredients contrasts textures and taste with each other creating this wonderful fusion of sweet, sour and spicy flavours.
- 600g chicken breast, sliced into strips
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, cut into strips
- 1 orange capsicum, cut into strips
- 1 mango, cut into strips (use the nearly ripe mangoes, the one with sweet and sour taste)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- In a heavy add oil and brown chicken strips in high heat. Once browned remove and set aside.
- Using the same pan sauté garlic and onion, then add red and orange capsicums, stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add orange juice, Worcestershire sauce, chicken, paprika, mustard and cayenne pepper. Mix evenly then stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add mangoes and stir fry for 1 more minute, season with salt and pepper.