Embutido is a generic term used for a type of sausage found in Spain, Portugal, Philippines, and several South American countries. Usually embutidos are similar to other European sausages where it made out of minced meat mixed with other spices and ingredients and wrapped in pig’s intestines.
- 800g minced pork
- 8 pcs Vienna sausages, chipolata or cocktail hotdogs, sliced
- 2 boiled small cardaba banana, mashed
- 4 tbsp flour
- 2 sweet large pickles, chopped
- 1 carrots, chopped
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup green peas
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, cut in half or 16 pcs boiled quail eggs
- In a mixing bowl mix all ingredients together except for the hard boiled eggs and sliced sausages. Mix well.
- Place mixture in an aluminium foil then place eggs and sausages on the middle. Form a cylindrical shaped roll then wrap it tightly with foil.
- Place it on a steamer then steam for an hour. Remove from steamer and let it cool for 15 minutes, slice with foil on, remove the foil individually then serve as is or shallow fried with ketchup.