This Creamy Tomato Chicken and Courgettes Fusilli is a simple pasta recipe where you just pan grill the vegetables and chicken, add it into a creamy tomato sauce together with herbs that complement the ingredients such as basil for tomatoes and tarragon for chicken, toss it in your pasta then PRESTO, your dish is ready!
- 400g fusilli
- 400g chicken breast, deboned and cubed
- 2 courgettes, thinly sliced
- 2 large yellow capsicums, sliced
- 2 cups white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup full cream
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup white wine
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 small shallots, chopped
- 1 tsp tarragon
- 1 tsp rubbed basil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp sugar
- freshly ground black pepper
- Marinate chicken for at least 30 minutes in freshly ground black pepper, salt, paprika and 1 tbsp olive oil.
- In a pot boil water and cook spiralli according on the packet instructions. Once cooked place in colander to drain.
- Prepare and heat up a pan grill then place courgettes, mushrooms and capsicum, turning only once when burn marks are visible, set aside.
- Now place the chicken pieces in the same pan grill, set aside.
- Now in a heavy pan add remaining olive oil then sauté garlic and onions.
- Now place the flour in the pan and mix it well until it forms a roux. Once evenly mixed add chicken stock, chicken, white wine, tomato paste and sugar. Simmer until sauce is thick.
- Add grilled vegetables then simmer for a minute.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, then pour on top of cooked pasta.