This baked desert called Food for the Gods is made out of dates and walnuts mixed in a fluffy buttery dough, the texture is simply phenomenal think of it as a cross between a moist butterscotch crossed with crumby cookie.
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup dates, chopped
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup butter, cubed in room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 pcs eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a bowl cream butter using mixer, once texture is fluffy gradually add sugar while mixing.
- Add the eggs and continue to mix until even in consistency.
- In a separate bowl combine together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add the flour mixture in the mixing bowl and continue mixing.
- Add the dates and walnuts and mix in low speed just until everything is evenly distributed.
- Place mixture in a baking tray then bake in a 180C preheated oven for 10 minutes, bring down heat to 150C then bake continue to bake for 35-40 more minutes.
- Remove from oven then let it cool down prior to serving.