Like the regular bibingka, royal bibingka is also associated with Christmas but mostly in Vigan. Though it shares the name with the normal bibingka they are two different rice cakes as this one uses glutinous rice flour which makes the texture sticky and dense.
- In a bowl combine together rice flour, sugar and powdered coconut milk.
- Add water, milk and egg. Mix well until free of even in consistency.
- Grease baking pan with margarine then pour mixture, cover it with aluminium foil.
- Bake in 190C preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven then remove aluminium foil cover.
- Sprinkle top with grated cheese and cover it again with aluminium foil, bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven then remove aluminium foil cover.
- Brush top generously with margarine then bake for 10 to 15 more minutes. Remove from oven.
- Brush top generously with margarine for the last time then let it cool down before serving.