Buko Salad is the Filipino variation of the fruit salad, it is usually made out of mixed fruits, nata de coco, kaong (sugar palm), coconut, thickened cream and condensed milk.
- young coconut meat from 5 coconuts, sliced into strips
- 1 container sugar palm (kaong), drained
- 1 cup nata de coco, drained
- 1 can fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 cup condensed milk (adjust to the sweetness you like)
- 1 cup thickened cream or whipped cream
- In a mixing bowl, combine together young coconut, sugar palm, nata de coco, fruit cocktail and pineapple chunks, and fruit cocktail. Make sure all ingredients are properly drained.
- Place thickened cream in a container then gently fold the condensed milk.
- Pour the cream mixture on the fruit mixture then mix well to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving.