The Grilled Vegetable Salad, a very filling salad compared to most salads but definitely tastier as well since the grilling process enhances the flavour of the vegetables and brings out its natural oils. Like any salad there are a lot of variations of this dish but one thing remains the same, it is made out of grilled vegetables tossed in vinaigrette topped with crumbed cheese and here is my version.
- 2 medium courgettes, sliced thinly lengthwise
- 1/2 small yellow squash, sliced thinly lengthwise
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 6–8 pcs small Portobello mushrooms
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 1 yellow capsicum, sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 4 tbsp crumbled feta cheese
- olive oil
- vinaigrette dressing
- Toss sliced vegetables in a small amount of olive oil.
- Place courgettes, squash, asparagus, mushrooms and capsicum on a grill then cook for 4 minutes on each side.
- Once cooked cut vegetables into bite sized pieces.
- Place grilled vegetables in a salad bowl together with basil and vinaigrette then gently toss.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese then serve.