Mango Royale or Mango Float is a popular Filipino no bake refrigerated cake made out of sweetened whipped cream and mangoes in a Malt cracker base. I am not 100% sure where did this dessert originated but with the American influence in the Philippines it looks like this is a variation of the icebox cake where whipped cream and chocolate wafers are stacked to each other to form one big piece of cake.
- 3 pcs Filipino mangoes, chilled and slice into cubed
- 2 cups cream, chilled
- 1 cup condensed milk, chilled
- 1 1/2 cup crushed Graham crackers
- 5–6 pcs Graham crackers
- 6 tbsp melted butter
- In a 9 in cake pan add the crushed graham crackers.
- Pour melted butter on top evenly then mix with the crushed graham crackers, mix well then flatten to form the base. Set aside and place in the freezer.
- Whip the cream and when stiff peaks form gradually add condensed milk, continue to mix in lowest hand mixer setting until combined.
- Remove the cake pan from the freezer then pour half of the cream mixture and place whole graham crackers to cover the top ready for the next layer.
- Pour the remaining half of the cream mixture then top it with cubed mangoes. Cover cake pan with cling wrap and set aside in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- For even better result, place in freezer 2-3 hours before serving, it will be something like a cross between cake and ice cream cake.