Cuban sandwich basically is a popular variation of the ham and cheese sandwich, it was created for early Cuban migrants in Florida as well as Cuban cigar factory and sugar mill workers in Cuba during the late 1800s.
- 1 loaf Cuban Bread or any long bread like baguette
- 6–8 slices glazed ham
- 6–8 slices roasted pork
- 3–4 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 pcs pickles, thinly sliced
- Yellow mustard
- Slice long bread lengthwise and spread mustard on one side and mayonnaise on the other side.
- Fill middle with layers of pickles, roasted pork, glazed ham and Swiss cheese.
- Prepare a lightly greased griddle, heat griddle and place sandwich. Using a clean heavy skillet place it on top of sandwich to press it while heating, press bread until its half of its thickness. Heat one side in medium heat for 3 minutes then do the same process for the other side.
- Slice into 4 portions then serve.