Fluffy Pancakes is one of the most popular breakfast items out there where you can enjoy them at home or even at restaurants and fast food. This pan fried thin flat cake is usually enjoyed with maple syrup, fruits and/or sausages and bacon.
- 1 cup self-raising flour (or 1 cup normal flour + 1 tsp baking powder)
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 drops vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- butter, melted
- maple syrup
- Sift flour, sugar and salt together into a bowl.
- Whisk milk, egg and vanilla extract together then pour into flour mixture, mix until mixture becomes smooth and lump free.
- Place a non-stick pan over medium heat and grease with melted butter.
- Drop a scoopful of the batter into the pan, cook until bubbles appear on top and turn over to the other side can cook for 1 more minute.
- Place butter on top while hot, and pour swirls of maple syrup. Enjoy with fruits, bacon, sausages and/or hotdogs.