Last weekend it started showing up on Asian groceries so I got hold of it and made something Asian and it’s called Shredded Pork and Garlic Sprouts Stir Fry
- 250g pork, sliced into thin strips
- 1 bunch garlic sprouts, sliced
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 2 stalks spring onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp thinly sliced ginger
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- egg white from 1 egg
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a mixing bowl add pork, salt, cooking wine, light soy sauce, egg white and cornstarch. Mix well then set aside for 15 minutes.
- In a wok heat oil then add pork in small batches and stir fry for 2 minutes, do not brown. Place pork in a colander then set it aside.
- Using the same wok add onion and ginger then stir-fry until fragrant.
- Add the carrots and garlic sprouts then stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the pork then season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.