Wonton and Char Siu Pork Noodle Soup is a popular Cantonese noodle dish which is a very simple noodle dish served in a hot broth garnished with wonton dumplings, meats and vegetables.
- 2kg beef bones
- 8 cups water + more for pre boiling
- 1/2 cup crispy fried shallots
- 1 tbsp black peppercorns
Wonton and Char Siu Pork Noodles
- fine egg noodles
- cooked wontons
- char siu (pork barbecue), thinly sliced
- bok choy
- spring onions, chopped
- crispy fried garlic
- sesame oil
- In a pot add beef bones and enough water to cover beef bones, bring to a boil then turn heat off. Drain to remove scum then rinse bones in running tap.
- Place the bones back to the pot together with all soup stock ingredients, bring to a boil and simmer for 2 hours. Drain bones using a fine sieve and reserve the soup and place in a separate pot. Continue to simmer in very low heat until ready.
- In a separate pot add water and bring it to a boil, one boiling blanch your bok choys for 15 seconds then place in a colander and run it with cold water.
- In the same boiling water cook your noodles by dipping it for 10 to 15 seconds then place in a colander and run it with tap water.
- Place noodles, wontons, bok choy and char sui in a bowl, pour piping hot soup then add your garnishes. Serve while hot.