Arroz ala Cubana is a Philippine dish that consists of sautéed minced beef, white rice, fried egg and fried cardaba (saba) banana. A dish that originated from the Spanish arroz a la cubana which is nearly similar but instead of the sautéed beef it is served with tomato sauce.
Sautéed Minced Meat
- 300 g lean minced pork
- 300 g lean minced beef
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 carrot, diced (optional)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- freshly ground black pepper
- steamed rice
- cardaba (saba) banana, sliced crosswise
- fried egg (sunny side up)
- In a pan add a small amount of oil then fry banana pieces until golden brown on each side. Remove from pan then set aside.
- Using the same pan add oil then sauté garlic and onions.
- Add minced pork and beef and cook for 10 minutes or until meat is brown.
- Add the corn, peas, carrots and raisins and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add soy sauce and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Turn heat off then set aside.
- Place rice in the middle of the plate, top it with fried egg, place Sautéed Minced Meat at the side and fried bananas on the other side. Serve.