Nilupak is a snack dish in the Philippines made out of either mashed cassava, sweet potatoes or cardaba bananas wrapped in banana lead and served with margarine.
- 500g grated cassava
- 3/4 cup condensed milk
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- Soak desiccated coconut in coconut milk.
- In a bowl mix together grated cassava, condensed milk, butter and 1/2 cup of the soaked desiccated coconut.
- Add mixture in a wok then cook in low heat while continuously mixing. Note it gets harder to mix as it cooks, make sure it’s cooked well and will take you around 30 minutes for this amount of cassava.
- Shape into desired shape, place in a banana leaf then serve with remaining rehydrated desiccated coconut and margarine