Japanese Beef Curry is one of the most popular dishes in Japan; it is very common it can be considered a national dish. Basically it’s nearly the same as the Indian curry but adjusted to suit the Japanese palate.
- In a pot add oil then brown beef on all sides, once done set aside.
- Add the onions, garlic and ginger then sauté until onions are soft.
- Add the grated apple, beef and enough water just to cover the beef, bring to a boil then simmer for 1 hour.
- Add the carrots and potatoes then simmer for 20 minutes. Add water if necessary.
- Add the tomato paste and curry roux, simmer for additional 10 minutes.
- Season with salt then serve with freshly steamed rice.