Banana Cue is one of the most popular street foods in the Philippines; it is made out of a deep fried banana coated with caramelized brown sugar served in a barbecue stick.
- 8 pieces firm saba bananas (cardaba bananas)
- 2 cups brown sugar
- cooking oil
- In a wok add enough oil for deep frying. Heat oil in medium heat.
- Add the bananas and deep fry for 2 minutes.
- Gradually add the sugar and put heat on low, medium low can continue to cook until sugar melts and coats the bananas. Move the bananas around to have it coated with the caramelized sugar.
- Remove from wok one piece at a time and skewer it immediately, let it cook in a wire rack then serve.