I think I had told before that my favourite pasta would be something that is seafood based but after having this Mixed Mushroom Pasta several weeks ago I think I am unsure which goes on the top of my list now.
- 500g Penne Rigate
- 1 cup Kibbled shiitake
- 250g white button mushrooms, sliced
- 8 large pieces Portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cream
- 1 large can condensed cream of mushroom
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- olive oil
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- flat leaf parsley, chopped
- shaved Parmesan cheese some for topping
- freshly ground black pepper
- Rehydrate kibbled shiitake in 1 cup of water, once hydrated press mushrooms to extract excess liquid, reserve drained liquid.
- Cook penne according to packet instructions
- In a heavy skillet add olive oil and sauté garlic, add mushrooms and salt. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes in medium heat. Remove mushrooms and set aside.
- Add butter and flour to the skillet and cook to form a roux, add reserved mushroom water and cream then simmer until consistency is even.
- Add the condensed cream of mushroom and mushrooms, simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta and parmesan cheese then mix to coat pasta evenly with the sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper then mix chopped flat leaf parsley and lemon juice into the skillet.
- Turn off heat then serve with serve shaved parmesan cheese.