I think I had told before that my favourite pasta would be something that is seafood based but after having this Mixed Mushroom Pasta several weeks ago I think I am unsure which goes on the top of my list now.
- 500g Penne Rigate
- 1 cup Kibbled shiitake
- 250g white button mushrooms, sliced
- 8 large pieces Portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cream
- 1 large can condensed cream of mushroom
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- olive oil
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- flat leaf parsley, chopped
- shaved Parmesan cheese some for topping
- freshly ground black pepper
- Rehydrate kibbled shiitake in 1 cup of water, once hydrated press mushrooms to extract excess liquid, reserve drained liquid.
- Cook penne according to packet instructions
- In a heavy skillet add olive oil and sauté garlic, add mushrooms and salt. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes in medium heat. Remove mushrooms and set aside.
- Add butter and flour to the skillet and cook to form a roux, add reserved mushroom water and cream then simmer until consistency is even.
- Add the condensed cream of mushroom and mushrooms, simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta and parmesan cheese then mix to coat pasta evenly with the sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper then mix chopped flat leaf parsley and lemon juice into the skillet.
- Turn off heat then serve with serve shaved parmesan cheese.
Wow! You have recipes of so many cuisines! Amazing!
Very nice Raymund.
Yes to all the above! There’s something so comforting about fresh mushrooms and that earthy balance they can add to a meal. Looks tasty and simply beautiful 🙂
My mushroom allergy bans me from this one but the photo looks edible 🙂
Love mushrooms, use them every chance I get. 🙂
Nothing says fall like an earthy, warm mushroom pasta dish like this one!
OK: seafood first, but mushrooms second! Nice recipe I’ll follow 🙂 ! Oops, methinks I just may use a tad less cream !!
Love the combination of mushrooms! I would probably use fresh shitakes because for some reason, I’m not a fan of the dried version. The creaminess of this pasta really makes it a winner!
My husband would LOVE this dish. He is a mushroom addict.
I have never tried a mixed mushroom pasta, but now I want to!
Oh do I love mushroom pasta?! I would jump into this bowl if I could. I’m a fool for pasta of any kind really (especially seafood too), and mushrooms are one of my favorite ingredients. This looks soooooooo good Raymund!
The pasta looks very inviting! I love the photograph.
Mine would definitely have to be a mushroom pasta. Just like this one! Love it!
Love the variety of meaty mushrooms in this recipe 🙂
One can never go wrong with mushrooms and pasta. 🙂
Great looking pasta Raymund!
I’m a super mushroom fanatic 🙂 My grocery actually sends me this special coupons that always include one for mushrooms simply because I buy so many! Are kibbled shiitakes just dry shiitakes?
oh wow….lokks lush : )
Oooh, really looks good!!! I love creamy mushroom pastas like the one from Cafe Mary Grace. Have you tried that? Yummy! 🙂
Apparently not, where is that located
I’ll try to make them when i get back home to home to London