Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies is a type of a brownie where it is flavoured with you know what? You guessed it right, peanut butter. It’s a brownie that gives you the best of both worlds, chocolates and peanut butter. So for those who are peanut butter lovers what are you waiting for, give this brownie a go.
- 120g butter, cubed
- 170g dark chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature and lightly beaten
- vanilla extract
Peanut Butter Base
- 3/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 60g butter, melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a double boiler add butter and chocolate, stir until melted.
- Add brown sugar, eggs and few drops of vanilla extract. Whisk until mixture is smooth.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt and stir until well incorporated.
- Pour mixture in a 26cm x 16cm dish (or equivalent) then set aside.
- Mix all peanut butter base ingredients in a bowl until smooth.
- Gradually peanut butter mix over the chocolate mixture in a swirly pattern. Now using a butter knife, gently run the knife lengthwise and crosswise to cut through layers.
- Bake in a 160C preheated oven for 45 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let it cool before serving.