For today we will be trying to make a dish called “Gang Ka Min Num Peung” or Chicken, Banana, Egg and Honey Curry. Unlike the first dish we had featured this is a bit hard to make because our only hint was the ingredients listed on the menu we found online and though I remembered how it tasted I can’t remember them all and was a bit confused at the eggs.
- 700g chicken breast, sliced into bite sized pieces
- 4 pcs hard boiled eggs, cut in half
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 2 pcs large firm bananas, sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 red chillies, sliced
- fish sauce or sea salt
- coconut oil
- In a bowl mix together chicken and curry powder, let it marinate in room temperature for 30 minutes
- In a wok add oil then sauté garlic and shallots, once shallots are soft add chicken and continue stir frying for 3 minutes.
- Add potatoes and 2 cups of coconut milk bring it to a boil and simmer in medium heat for 15-20 minutes, at this stage the liquid should be thicker and reduced.
- Add remaining coconut milk, chillies, honey and banana then simmer for 3 more minutes.
- Season with fish sauce then serve with halved eggs.